Katie exposes why buying counterfeit goods could be funding a criminal organization — or worse! The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center shares these tips to help you safely buy goods online.
1. If a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is
2. Be suspicious of web sites that do not provide contact information for customer service
3. Be wary of web sites that direct you to a third party site to pay for their products
4. When submitting financial information, make sure the web site is secure and the address begins with https://
5. Check the company’s website for authorized dealers
6. Trust your instincts
From the National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center