Personal trainer and fitness coach from NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” Bob Harper shares his “skinny meals” – all of which are fewer than 350 calories!
- 1 Whole wheat English muffin, toasted
- 3 egg whites + 1 egg or 5 egg whites + 1 egg, scrambled
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon each: chopped dill and parsley
- In a steamer, steam spinach 30 seconds-1 minute, or until just wilted. Set aside.
- Mix sauce ingredients together.
- Top toasted English muffin with spinach and eggs; delicately spoon sauce on top.
- 313 calories, 30g protein, 32g carbs, 8g fat
Terrific Tuna Salad
- 4 oz tuna from a can, drained
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup cooked whole wheat corkscrew pasta
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- In a medium bowl, mix pasta, tuna, capers, shallot, and olives.
- Toss pasta, tomatoes, arugula and spinach with the tuna mixture.
- 288 calories, 28g protein, 26g carbs, 10g fat
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1 large zucchini (approx. 2 cups worth)
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup low sodium broth (either veggie or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz roasted, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Slice zucchini very thinly lengthwise. Then cut each piece into thirds, lengthwise so that they are like thick noodles. Steam “noodles” for 2-3 minutes or until they are just cooked through.
- In the meantime, blend avocado, basil, broth, lemon juice, garlic, and parmesan in a processor or blender.
- Toss “noodles” with sauce and cubed chicken, and serve.
- 258 calories, 27g protein, 19g carbs, 11g fat