First, we look at the new face of hunger in America, and share one man’s incredible story from living on the streets to feeding the hungry. Then, three moms pitch their business ideas to win big, and Amy Grant stops by!
The New Face of Hunger in America
As federal aid for food programs gets slashed, millions of low-income and under-employed Americans are turning to community food pantries just to get by. People like Christal Giglio and her family are among those in the working class who can’t afford food.
Amy Grant’s Advice for Katie
Amy Grant and her husband Vince have been married for 13 years, and they both have children from other marriages. Does Amy have any advice for Katie about blended families?
Links & Resources from the Show:
- Feeding America: Bank of America has partnered with Feeding America to help fight hunger. For every $1 you give, Bank of America will give $2* more. Visit www.feedingamerica.org/katie to learn more.
- The Bowery Mission: The Bowery Mission has served hungry and hurting New Yorkers since 1879. The Mission provides a second chance for men and women who need one because of homelessness, addiction and abuse – and a positive first chance for children from broken homes and tough neighborhoods. To learn more visit www.bowery.org.
- Small Business Saturday: Register your eligible American Express® Card and get a $10 statement credit when you make a purchase of $10 or more at a qualifying small business location on Nov 30. Learn more at shopsmall.com.
- Gandzee: Gandzee exists to make life a little easier for busy moms and dads. Add an entire wardrobe collection to your shopping cart with the click of a button. Click here to learn more.
- MinkeeBlue: MinkeeBlue’s patent pending utility design features a 2-in-1 handbag and adjustable compartment system, eliminating the need to carry two, three, or four bags at a time. Click here to learn more.
- Quinn Popcorn: Quinn Popcorn is Microwave Popcorn Reinvented Non-gmo, organic corn kernels, pure ingredients, and expeller pressed oils. Click here to learn more.